Ice Cream Turtles
When it comes to deliciousness, slow and steady wins the race.
Makes 20 cupcakes.
• DREYER'S Double Fudge Brownie ice cream
• Chocolate cake mix (18-ounce box)
• Chocolate frosting
• Green frosting
• Green and brown/black decorating gel icing
• Green and brown/black candy decorations (gumdrops, jelly beans, etc.)
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, filling muffin cups 3/4 full to make 15+ cupcakes. Bake as directed. Cool completely.
- Split cupcakes horizontally at the top of each cupcake liner. Spread cupcake tops with chocolate and green frosting. Decorate to resemble turtle shells using gel icing and small pieces of candy. Add a one-inch layer of ice cream on top of each split cake and then top with a decorated "turtle shell." For each turtle, press a jelly bean into ice cream so that it peeks out of the "shell" for the head, dot on chocolate frosting for the eyes and add a candy tail. Serve immediately or freeze.
Fun Tip: Set out a variety of candies and frosting tubes, and have a party while decorating your own Ice Cream Turtles! Decorate the cupcake tops first. Then add a layer of rich and creamy ice cream and enjoy!